Getting the right domain name is very important for internet marketing. Your presence on the internet starts with choosing the perfect name for your website and you need to get it right because the foundation is very essential in every endeavor. Here are some of the essentials of a perfect domain name.
Your website can get more online visibility if you register the right name. There is power in a name and the more relevant it is to your business, the better for you. In addition, you will be able to advertise and market your product or service more effectively. If you don't choose wisely (e.g. choosing a name that is too long), you may find it difficult advertising effectively which will have a negative effect on your business.
Furthermore, if you want your visitors and potential ones to remember the address of your blog or website easily, it is very important to get it right in the aspect of naming. As a result of this, short names should be favored above long ones. If the keywords relating to your business are included when naming your domain, a large impact will be left on your customers as well as prospects and this can help in boosting your search engine ranking if you combine it with other SEO strategies. This will ensure that your website appears on the first pages of search engine results for your targeted keywords.
Moreover, you can protect your online brand through the registration of domain names that are related to the one you are majorly using. This will prevent other people from registering them which may threaten the image of your brand. For example, if you register a name in the .com extension, you should also register it in the .net, .biz, .org and .info extensions so that no one else will be able to register them and compete with you over the name or benefit from your popularity.
In today's more competitive environment, your domain name can give you an edge over competitors since it is the first thing that a potential visitor will see before actually paying a visit to your site. Also, if you get the name right and you have a company car, putting the name on the car is a powerful offline adverting strategy that can boost traffic generation to your website. The power in a name can never be overemphasized, consequently, you should endeavor to get it right when naming your website because the name will affect it in its lifetime, either positively or negatively.
Put your business online! Get a $8.99 .COM/.NET from GoDaddy!
About The Publisher
- Olushola George Otenaike is a webmaster, web developer, domain broker, writer as well as blogger and he has been doing all these since 1999. He is the CEO at Netlink Web Developers, publisher of SoFreeDomains and owns many blogs as well as websites. His areas of interest include science, philosophy and politics.
For advert placement, sponsored posts, web design or further information, contact email@example.com
Follow On Twitter
- ► 2016 (270)
- Have You Registered Your Personal Name's Domain?
- Top Domain Name Tips For A Start-up Blogger
- How To Host Your Domain Name For Free On Blogger
- Top Five Domain Name Auction Sites
- Why You Should Beware Of Free Domain Names
- New Domain Extensions May Change The Face Of The I...
- How Essential Are Domain Names?
- The Tricks Of Buying And Selling Domain Names
- Understanding Security Issues For Your Domain Name...
- Free Domain Name Registration - Facts To Consider
- ▼ July (10)