Getting the right domain name for your website is as important as giving the right name to your child - it's going to have a lasting effect. Consequently, you should place top priority in coming up with a name that will have a positive impact on your online campaign. The following tips will help you greatly.
It is very important for you to list about five phrases or terms when searching for a name. The phrases or terms should be related to the major purpose of your website (keyword) and you can pair them or add prefixes as well as suffixes to them in order to come up with a great domain. In addition, you should be unique when naming your site and avoid misspelled, plural or hyphenated versions of established websites. This can land you in a legal mess, especially if the name you are hyphenating has been trademarked.
Furthermore, if you are concerned with branding, type-in traffic or name recognition, you should consider the .com extension for registration. This is because many internet users believe that the internet is all about .com which is actually not the case, but will you be there to explain to them? Hence, you should try your best to get the .com, but if you are unable to do so, the .org, .net, .info, .biz and the new gTLDs like .photography, .design, .band, etc, will equally be of great advantage. You should make sure that you use easy-to-spell words. You won't want to discourage your visitors from sharing your site to others or returning back, hence, take note of your spelling.
Besides, you should be able to create an impression with potential visitors when they come across your domain name for the first time. They should be able to guess the theme of your site by merely seeing the name. As much as possible, you should try to avoid hyphens and numbers so that you don't confuse your visitors or direct them to another website.
Do not forget to set yourself apart online. This is called online branding and no matter how important it is to include your keywords in your name for SEO purposes, it is also important to go on some extra name tweaking in order to be unique. Online branding is very essential for your business and if you want to get the branding right, you must get the naming right.
How Essential Are Domains Names
5 Basic Tips Of A Small Business Domain Name Strategy
Best Domain Name Tactics For SEO
$1/ mo Hosting + Free domain! Stick it to the doubters! Put your big idea online!
About The Publisher
- Olushola George Otenaike is a webmaster, web developer, domain broker, writer as well as blogger and he has been doing all these since 1999. He is the CEO at Netlink Web Developers, publisher of SoFreeDomains and owns many blogs as well as websites. His areas of interest include science, philosophy and politics.
For advert placement, sponsored posts, web design or further information, contact email@example.com
Follow On Twitter
- ► 2016 (270)
- What Is Really The Cost Of Setting Up A Website?
- How To Point Multiple Domain Names To One Website ...
- Why You Must Be Careful When Buying Domain Names
- Top SEO Tools For A Profitable Website
- How You Can Boost Your Search Engine Ranking
- How You Can Boost Your Social Media Presence
- How To Really Boost Traffic To Your Website
- How To Choose The Right Social Media Strategy For ...
- Getting It Right Online With The Right Domain Name...
- ▼ August (9)