The registration of a domain name is the first thing you need to do in order to launch your website. However, you need to protect the name properly and one of the ways of doing so is to register multiple names for one website. How is it possible to use multiple names for a website? This article reveals it all.
On the World Wide Web, there are some people who love to reap from where they did not sow. Their trick is to register different variations of popular websites (especially those with heavy traffic) and benefit from the mistakes of visitors to the sites. For example, if a popular site's URL is 'book.com', they may register variations like 'books.com', 'boook.com', etc, so that anyone that makes the mistake of typing any of the variations will land in their websites.
That is why experienced webmasters register different variations of a name in order to beat online squatters at their games. You too can toe this line even though it may be more costly but the end result will outweigh the extra cost. You should also include other extensions in your variations apart from .com, such as .biz and .net. You are not going to host all these variations of your main domain name, you will only forward them to your main site so that anyone that types them in browsers will land on the main site.
A lot of human and material resources are utilized on search engine optimization (SEO) and it won't be fair for someone to benefit from your effort illegally. As a result of this, it is very essential to give a full protection to your domain name so that you can get all the benefits of owning it. You can be doing the registration little by little and your registrar will suggest many variations for you during the time of registration. In the long run, you will be happy that you have made this decision and your business will be better for it.
Bulk Domain Registrations
About The Publisher
- Olushola George Otenaike is a webmaster, web developer, domain broker, writer as well as blogger and he has been doing all these since 1999. He is the CEO at Netlink Web Developers, publisher of SoFreeDomains and owns many blogs as well as websites. His areas of interest include science, philosophy and politics.
For advert placement, sponsored posts, web design or further information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow On Twitter
- ► 2016 (270)
- Should You Register Paid Or Free Domain Names?
- How To Choose A Web Hosting Package With Free Doma...
- How To Reduce Your Web Development Budget With Fre...
- How A Small Business Owner Can Benefit From Free D...
- How A Free Domain Name Can Boost Your SEO
- Free Domain Names - Why You Must Get One
- Free Domain Name - The Good And The Bad Sides
- How Domain Names And Web Hosting Differ
- How To Get An Ideal Web Hosting For Your Domain Na...
- Why You Need Multiple Domain Names For Your Websit...
- Free Domain Names - Why They May Not Be Absolutely...
- ▼ January (11)