You may wonder why you need to register multiple domain names when you feel you don't need more than one. You need to register multiple domain names for many reasons and I will discuss five of them in this piece.
1. Domain Protection: If you register a domain name with the aim of building it into a website, it is essential to register other related names. For example, if you register 'pipe.com', you should also register related names like 'pipes.com', 'pipe.net', 'pipe.org', 'pipes.net', 'pipe.biz', etc. A lot of more related names will be suggested to you at the point of registration. If you don't register these related names and your website eventually becomes popular, someone else may register them and benefit from your popularity - this is called cyber-squatting.
2. Internet Marketing: It is not advisable to put all your eggs in one basket, hence, as an internet marketer, you need to sell more than one product or service, either for yourself or as an agent. Consequently, you need as many domains as possible for your products and/or services. In fact, you may need to dedicate one site for each product/service so that you will be able to experience a boost in revenue generation.
3. Blogging: If you want to make serious money online as a blogger, you need to launch more than one blog. Experienced bloggers launch multiple blogs and outsource content creation to good writers while they only focus on the management of the domains.
4. Domain Flipping: The buying and selling of domains is referred to as domain flipping and in order to succeed in this type of business, you need a robust portfolio. There is no other way to have a robust portfolio than to register multiple hot names that will make impact in the market.
5. Competing Online: In order to compete favorably online, you need to register multiple domain names. Since those you are competing with have multiple domains, if you want to be relevant in the niche you are targeting, you must not be left out in acquiring multiple names for one reason or another.
Go Daddy Bulk Domain Registration
About The Publisher
- Olushola George Otenaike is a webmaster, web developer, domain broker, writer as well as blogger and he has been doing all these since 1999. He is the CEO at Netlink Web Developers, publisher of SoFreeDomains and owns many blogs as well as websites. His areas of interest include science, philosophy and politics.
For advert placement, sponsored posts, web design or further information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow On Twitter
- ► 2016 (270)
- How To Get The Perfect Web Hosting For Your Domain...
- Best Domain Name Tactics For SEO
- What You Should Know About Country Code Top-level ...
- The Difference Between A Domain Name Registrar And...
- How You Can Prevent Domain Name Hijacking
- How To Get The Best WordPress Hosting For Your Dom...
- Can One Domain Name Be Enough For A Website?
- 5 Basic Tips Of A Small Business Domain Name Strat...
- Why You Should Consider New Domain Name Extensions...
- 5 Reasons For Registering Multiple Domain Names
- How You Can Buy An Already Registered Domain Name
- Why You Should Avoid Sub-Domains For Your Online P...
- How To Register A Free .Com Domain Name For Your S...
- Choosing The Right Domain Name To Boost Your SEO
- How To Use A Domain Broker Service
- How To Create A .Com Website Without Paying For A ...
- Should You Choose A Free Domain Name Registration?...
- ▼ June (17)