Your choice domain name may have been registered by someone else and you really like the name.You need not worry because there are proven strategies of getting a registered domain back into your possession. Take note that these strategies work for sites that have not been developed, hence, it is important to check the status of a domain before going ahead with these strategies.
If you have confirmed that the domain is not in use (it may be parked, blank or temporarily redirected to another website), you can approach the secondary domain market. The secondary domain market is the place where registered domain names are sold. Examples of popular ones are Sedo, Godaddy, Flippa, DomainNameSales, MostWantedDomains, Namejet and so on. These websites display registered domains that are available for sale and there are those with 'buy it now' prices while there are those that are sold through auctions. You can visit any of these websites to read their rules and regulations in order to benefit from their offers.
On the other hand, you can use the service of a domain broker to get the name you want. Brokers are specialized in getting names for their clients, whether they are registered or not. They know where these names are and how to get them at competitive prices. This takes the burden of searching for the name and monitoring the transfer process from you.
You can also contact the owner of the domain by yourself through the WHOIS data obtainable online. If you are very lucky, you can seal the deal yourself and save a considerable amount of commission payable at the secondary market. However, this option will take up much of your time but it is by far the cheapest option.
In addition, you can contact a reputable registrar of your choice or the one you have dealt with before to buy a registered domain name. You may be lucky to get your choice name because some registrars have so many registered domains for sale in their portfolios. The bottom line is that you should search for a reputable registrar so that your effort will not be in vain.
GoDaddy Auctions: The smart choice for buying & selling domain names.
About The Publisher
- Olushola George Otenaike is a webmaster, web developer, domain broker, writer as well as blogger and he has been doing all these since 1999. He is the CEO at Netlink Web Developers, publisher of SoFreeDomains and owns many blogs as well as websites. His areas of interest include science, philosophy and politics.
For advert placement, sponsored posts, web design or further information, contact email@example.com
Follow On Twitter
- ► 2016 (270)
- How To Get The Perfect Web Hosting For Your Domain...
- Best Domain Name Tactics For SEO
- What You Should Know About Country Code Top-level ...
- The Difference Between A Domain Name Registrar And...
- How You Can Prevent Domain Name Hijacking
- How To Get The Best WordPress Hosting For Your Dom...
- Can One Domain Name Be Enough For A Website?
- 5 Basic Tips Of A Small Business Domain Name Strat...
- Why You Should Consider New Domain Name Extensions...
- 5 Reasons For Registering Multiple Domain Names
- How You Can Buy An Already Registered Domain Name
- Why You Should Avoid Sub-Domains For Your Online P...
- How To Register A Free .Com Domain Name For Your S...
- Choosing The Right Domain Name To Boost Your SEO
- How To Use A Domain Broker Service
- How To Create A .Com Website Without Paying For A ...
- Should You Choose A Free Domain Name Registration?...
- ▼ June (17)