Many web hosting companies will give you free domain names when you purchase web hosting plans from them. The plans vary from one year, two years to three years and the higher the number of years you go for, the cheaper the monthly hosting fee will be. But are these free domains really dependable? You only need to read on to discover.
If you are given a free domain name as an incentive for purchasing a hosting plan, you will pay a higher fee to renew the name compared to buying it. In addition, you may find it difficult to transfer the name to another hosting service provider if you are no longer interested in the service.You may also be given access to few domain management tools which may not be fit for your need.
As a result of this, free domain names may not be dependable and it is advisable to get a paid name (after all, it is not expensive). You may even be given a discount if you know how to smartly surf around the web. With a paid name, you will have an absolute control over it and all the domain management features will be at your disposal.
When choosing a name, you should ensure that you choose one that is search-engine friendly. Remember that without search engines, your website will not be known to the world. Pick a name that is relevant to your keywords or line of business. Your name should also be easy to pronounce and it should not be too long or else, your potential clients will be having difficulties in pronouncing it.
The need for a domain name to be dependable cannot be overemphasized, hence, a paid name should be favored above a free one in order to ensure that your online presence is a success. You wouldn't want to launch a failed online business because of a free stuff.
It's Not a Typo! Get $1.49 .COM Domains at GoDaddy!
About The Publisher
- Olushola George Otenaike is a webmaster, web developer, domain broker, writer as well as blogger and he has been doing all these since 1999. He is the CEO at Netlink Web Developers, publisher of SoFreeDomains and owns many blogs as well as websites. His areas of interest include science, philosophy and politics.
For advert placement, sponsored posts, web design or further information, contact email@example.com
Follow On Twitter
- ► 2016 (270)
- ► 2015 (99)
- How To Boost Your Small Business With A Free Domai...
- 5 Mistakes You Should Not Make About Free Domain N...
- How To Discover The Right Domain Name For Your Web...
- Why You Must Be Careful With Free Domain Names
- How To Create A Website Without Buying A Domain Na...
- What You Really Need To Know About Free Domain Nam...
- Why You Need A Free Domain Name
- Free Domain Names - How To Strike A Great Deal
- The Difference Between Paid and Free Domain Names
- Free Domain Names - Why You Must Read Beyond The L...
- Are Free Domain Names Dependable?
- What Free Domain Names May Not Do For You
- ▼ December (12)