It is a great idea to make use of a free domain name when setting up your new website but if you are not very careful with the type of deal you go for, you may later discover that you have made the wrong move. This is because there are many offers resembling free domain names but are actually not.
There are some free names that are not ideal for businesses except you want to use them for private purposes. Majority of them are sub-domains (e.g. 'blue.cake.com' which is quite different from 'cake.com') and your prospects seeing that kind of a name may not take you serious.
In order to command respect from your prospects and even competitors, you should go for a top level domain (TLD) and you can even get it for free. What you need to do is to subscribe to a web hosting service that comes with a free domain. This way, you will be able to get two services at the price of one and you will also be able to exercise full control over the domain.
In addition, you will have the opportunity to create sub-domains if you care to do so. But if you get a sub-domain for free, even though it is going to be free for life, it cannot do the work of a real domain. In fact, you can decide to change your web host at any time, since you will have the full control of the domain. The layout of the site is also at your discretion and nobody can put unnecessary adverts on your web pages without your approval.
It is very important for you to investigate a free domain name offer very well so that you won't launch your online presence on a wrong platform. You must get it right initially or else you would waste resources and time. If you are doubting any offer, you can get in touch with experts who will be able to shed more light on the issue and make the path easier for you to take.
Put your business online! Get a $8.99 .COM/.NET from GoDaddy!
About The Publisher
- Olushola George Otenaike is a webmaster, web developer, domain broker, writer as well as blogger and he has been doing all these since 1999. He is the CEO at Netlink Web Developers, publisher of SoFreeDomains and owns many blogs as well as websites. His areas of interest include science, philosophy and politics.
For advert placement, sponsored posts, web design or further information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow On Twitter
- ► 2016 (270)
- ► 2015 (99)
- How To Boost Your Small Business With A Free Domai...
- 5 Mistakes You Should Not Make About Free Domain N...
- How To Discover The Right Domain Name For Your Web...
- Why You Must Be Careful With Free Domain Names
- How To Create A Website Without Buying A Domain Na...
- What You Really Need To Know About Free Domain Nam...
- Why You Need A Free Domain Name
- Free Domain Names - How To Strike A Great Deal
- The Difference Between Paid and Free Domain Names
- Free Domain Names - Why You Must Read Beyond The L...
- Are Free Domain Names Dependable?
- What Free Domain Names May Not Do For You
- ▼ December (12)