If you desire to own a website, it is quite possible without spending a dime for a domain name. However, some free domain names are ideal for SEO purposes while some are not. As a result of this, there are two ways of creating a website without actually buying a domain name.
The first way is to get a sub-domain from a service provider. This type of a domain name is free for a lifetime but you will have to be prepared for massive adverts on your web pages and restrictions on domain management.
The second and most popular way is to get a free domain name through subscription to a web hosting service. By doing so, you will be given a free domain name which is renewable every year. Even though you have to renew the name every year, it is much better than a sub-domain because of its SEO values. If you optimize a sub-domain for search engines, you are definitely working for someone else. Hence, it is better to have your own top level domain (TLD) and go ahead to optimize it as much as you like.
Optimizing a website for search engines is not a stroll in the park, it requires formulating strategies and adhering strictly to the laid down plans. You will have to build as many quality inbound links as possible in order to boost the popularity of the site. Once the popularity of the site receives a boost, its rank will move up and it will appear in good positions in search results. If the site then becomes popular and you are making use of a sub-domain, you may later regret working for somebody else (without pay, of course).
Consequently, it is very essential for you to know the type of domain name you are using to create your website in order to create the right one. You should have it at the back of your mind that you want to create a website with good SEO value and if you don't get it right at the beginning, you may have problems in the future.
Get online for less - a lot less! $1/ mo! Website builder, domain and email!
About The Publisher
- Olushola George Otenaike is a webmaster, web developer, domain broker, writer as well as blogger and he has been doing all these since 1999. He is the CEO at Netlink Web Developers, publisher of SoFreeDomains and owns many blogs as well as websites. His areas of interest include science, philosophy and politics.
For advert placement, sponsored posts, web design or further information, contact email@example.com
Follow On Twitter
- ► 2016 (270)
- ► 2015 (99)
- How To Boost Your Small Business With A Free Domai...
- 5 Mistakes You Should Not Make About Free Domain N...
- How To Discover The Right Domain Name For Your Web...
- Why You Must Be Careful With Free Domain Names
- How To Create A Website Without Buying A Domain Na...
- What You Really Need To Know About Free Domain Nam...
- Why You Need A Free Domain Name
- Free Domain Names - How To Strike A Great Deal
- The Difference Between Paid and Free Domain Names
- Free Domain Names - Why You Must Read Beyond The L...
- Are Free Domain Names Dependable?
- What Free Domain Names May Not Do For You
- ▼ December (12)