Free stuffs are very common on the internet and free domain names are no exceptions. Free domains are majorly used by web hosting companies as marketing strategies to pull more sales. They are also used by online advertising agencies to display adverts. Hence, you need to study an offer very well before making any commitment.
Due to the urges in many of us to get free stuffs, especially ones creatively advertised, we do not bother to go through the terms and conditions of various offers. But in reality, there are more to free offers than meet the eyes. Consequently, you should take your time to go through the terms and conditions of a free domain name offer so that you won't regret at the end.
One important issue you need to get clarification on is the ownership of the name. A domain name is like a landed property while a hosting service is like the structure that will be put on it. If you are buying a property and the land papers are not part of the documents you received, you have not bought any property. Therefore, it is important for you to find out the name that will appear on the registrar's record as the owner of the site. If it is not going to be your name, then you don't have a website. What is the essence of a free stuff that will be snatched away from you at anytime you do not expect. But if it is your name that will appear on the register, you have nothing to worry about.
Furthermore, you should seek information about the renewal fee of the domain name. It should be reasonable in comparison to others. Many free names promoters hike renewal fees in order to charge back at customers. Others will charge higher hosting rates so as to make up for the free offers. It is your responsibility to get as many information as possible so that you will be able to make the right decision that will make your online exploits a success.
25% off Standard SSL Certificates from GoDaddy!
About The Publisher
- Olushola George Otenaike is a webmaster, web developer, domain broker, writer as well as blogger and he has been doing all these since 1999. He is the CEO at Netlink Web Developers, publisher of SoFreeDomains and owns many blogs as well as websites. His areas of interest include science, philosophy and politics.
For advert placement, sponsored posts, web design or further information, contact email@example.com
Follow On Twitter
- ► 2016 (270)
- ► 2015 (99)
- How To Boost Your Small Business With A Free Domai...
- 5 Mistakes You Should Not Make About Free Domain N...
- How To Discover The Right Domain Name For Your Web...
- Why You Must Be Careful With Free Domain Names
- How To Create A Website Without Buying A Domain Na...
- What You Really Need To Know About Free Domain Nam...
- Why You Need A Free Domain Name
- Free Domain Names - How To Strike A Great Deal
- The Difference Between Paid and Free Domain Names
- Free Domain Names - Why You Must Read Beyond The L...
- Are Free Domain Names Dependable?
- What Free Domain Names May Not Do For You
- ▼ December (12)