As a small business owner, you will definitely want to improve your business and one of the ways of doing so is to make your presence felt online. Consequently, you will need to register a domain name and there are free domain names that can be exploited but you have to be smart because free stuffs on the internet must be adequately investigated in order not to make a wrong choice.
You should endeavor to choose a name that is related to your business and it must be as short as possible. Internet users prefer short names to long ones because the former will be easier for them to remember. You should not make the name unnecessarily long because you want to include all your keywords. This may reduce your click-through ratio and returning visits to your site.
Furthermore, you should go for a free domain name that is attached to a web hosting service and not the one that is free for a lifetime. Domains that are free for lifetime are sub-domains and not good for business because adverts can be placed indiscriminately on them by the owner or owners. Free domains that are attached to a web hosting service are only free for the first year and subject to renewal subsequently. This type of domain is your property and you can change web hosts as you like, which is not possible with a sub-domain.
Putting your business online will take it to the next level and registering a free domain name will reduce the amount of money you will spend for this purpose. But if you don't get a proper name and through the right process, you may end up worsening your business instead of improving it.
$1.49 .COM Domains! Might Make You Cry Tears of Joy!
About The Publisher
- Olushola George Otenaike is a webmaster, web developer, domain broker, writer as well as blogger and he has been doing all these since 1999. He is the CEO at Netlink Web Developers, publisher of SoFreeDomains and owns many blogs as well as websites. His areas of interest include science, philosophy and politics.
For advert placement, sponsored posts, web design or further information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow On Twitter
- ► 2016 (270)
- ► 2015 (99)
- How To Boost Your Small Business With A Free Domai...
- 5 Mistakes You Should Not Make About Free Domain N...
- How To Discover The Right Domain Name For Your Web...
- Why You Must Be Careful With Free Domain Names
- How To Create A Website Without Buying A Domain Na...
- What You Really Need To Know About Free Domain Nam...
- Why You Need A Free Domain Name
- Free Domain Names - How To Strike A Great Deal
- The Difference Between Paid and Free Domain Names
- Free Domain Names - Why You Must Read Beyond The L...
- Are Free Domain Names Dependable?
- What Free Domain Names May Not Do For You
- ▼ December (12)