There are different ways of getting a free domains name - you can get a sub-domain or unpopular extensions like .tk, .ml, .ga, .cf, .gq, etc. However, if your desire is to get a .com domain, you must play the game according to the rules.
The .com extension is the most sought-after domain in the world with more than 115 million registrations worldwide after 30 years of its launch, which clocks this year. In fact, the .com is more associated with the internet than other extensions. By merely mentioning a website without an extension suggests that the .com extension is being referred to. For example, if I refer to a website as 'click', it means that its address is 'www.click.com' and it doesn't work like that for other extensions. The dominance of the .com is responsible for its high cost at the secondary domain market.
Despite all these, you can get a free .com domain with ease. What you need to do is to purchase a minimum of 12-month web hosting plan from a reputable domain registrar/web hosting service provider. It is important to deal with a company that handles both domain registration and web hosting so that you will be able to get the services at cheaper rates. In addition to free .com domain, you will be given a certain number of sub-domains (depending on the hosting company), about 100 email addresses, unlimited bandwidth, DNS management and so on. Also, if you purchase a hosting plan that is more than one year, you will get a discount and more incentives to boost your business.
However, it is important to investigate properly before choosing a registrar/hosting provider. This is because there are many operators who have deviated from the ethics of the business and this may adversely affect the growth of your business online. You should check with appropriate regulatory agencies so that you will be rest assured that you are dealing with the right company.
About The Publisher
- Olushola George Otenaike is a webmaster, web developer, domain broker, writer as well as blogger and he has been doing all these since 1999. He is the CEO at Netlink Web Developers, publisher of SoFreeDomains and owns many blogs as well as websites. His areas of interest include science, philosophy and politics.
For advert placement, sponsored posts, web design or further information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow On Twitter
- ► 2016 (270)
- Types Of Web Hosting For Your Domain Name
- How To Avoid Trademark Infringement During Domain ...
- How To Get A Free .Com Domain Name
- How You Can Set Up A Custom Domain In Blogger
- How To Know If You Need A VPS or Dedicated Server ...
- How To Strike A Great Domain Deal
- How To Boost Your Domain Name Portfolio
- Why You Should Not Wait For Your Domain Name To Ex...
- How To Register A Domain Name Like A Pro
- Why You Must Get .Design Domain Name Extension
- How To Properly Host Your Domain Name
- Why You Should Own Your Name’s Domain Before Someo...
- How You Can Create An Email Account For Your Own D...
- Why You Must Know About .Sucks Domain Names
- How To Move Your Free Website To Your Own Domain
- How To Sell A Domain Name Like A Pro
- How You Can Buy A Domain Name Like A Pro
- The Effect Of New Generic Top-level Domains On Bus...
- How To Transfer Your Website To A New Generic Top-...
- How To Transfer Your Domain Name To Another Person...
- How To Move Your Domain Name To A New Registrar
- Free Domain Name Registration – The Web Hosting Co...
- How New Domain Name Extensions Can Boost Your Doma...
- Why You Need Multiple Domain Names For One Website...
- ▼ May (24)