If you don't know much or anything about VPS (virtual private servers) or dedicated servers, this piece is what you need. Your domain name needs to be hosted in order to be functional and there are options for you in relation to web hosting. The available options are shared server, VPS and dedicated server, but this piece will treat VPS and dedicated server.
VPS accommodates multiple customers on the same server but the number is substantially fewer compared to shared hosting. While about a hundred customers may be using a server under shared hosting, a VPS may only give room for 10 customers. This will give account holders more access to the resources of the servers and control over the configuration of the servers.
On the other hand, dedicated server gives you access to a server all by yourself and the opportunity to install anything you want on it. This will give you the opportunity to have access to the best performance available and the most control, but you have to be able to pay the price.
However, determining the right server for your domain depends on many factors. If your shared hosting account is performing poorly because of the amount of traffic it was receiving, then you need to go for a dedicated server because your success has made you to outgrow the account. If you are also intensely using your server's resources - like hosting large numbers of audio or video files, hosting a game server or streaming videos - you should get a dedicated server.
Moreover, if you want to have a greater level of access to the server so as to be able to install a particular application, VPS is the best for you. If you don't plan to use intense level of resources like the ones mentioned above, you can make do with a VPS but if not, a dedicated server is the perfect choice for hosting your domain.
Virtual Private Servers from GoDaddy! Get 1 month FREE!
About The Publisher
- Olushola George Otenaike is a webmaster, web developer, domain broker, writer as well as blogger and he has been doing all these since 1999. He is the CEO at Netlink Web Developers, publisher of SoFreeDomains and owns many blogs as well as websites. His areas of interest include science, philosophy and politics.
For advert placement, sponsored posts, web design or further information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow On Twitter
- ► 2016 (270)
- Types Of Web Hosting For Your Domain Name
- How To Avoid Trademark Infringement During Domain ...
- How To Get A Free .Com Domain Name
- How You Can Set Up A Custom Domain In Blogger
- How To Know If You Need A VPS or Dedicated Server ...
- How To Strike A Great Domain Deal
- How To Boost Your Domain Name Portfolio
- Why You Should Not Wait For Your Domain Name To Ex...
- How To Register A Domain Name Like A Pro
- Why You Must Get .Design Domain Name Extension
- How To Properly Host Your Domain Name
- Why You Should Own Your Name’s Domain Before Someo...
- How You Can Create An Email Account For Your Own D...
- Why You Must Know About .Sucks Domain Names
- How To Move Your Free Website To Your Own Domain
- How To Sell A Domain Name Like A Pro
- How You Can Buy A Domain Name Like A Pro
- The Effect Of New Generic Top-level Domains On Bus...
- How To Transfer Your Website To A New Generic Top-...
- How To Transfer Your Domain Name To Another Person...
- How To Move Your Domain Name To A New Registrar
- Free Domain Name Registration – The Web Hosting Co...
- How New Domain Name Extensions Can Boost Your Doma...
- Why You Need Multiple Domain Names For One Website...
- ▼ May (24)