Your domain name requires web hosting in order to be fully functional on the World Wide Web. There are many advantages of hosting your domain - host your files, create multiple customized emails, create databases, get unlimited bandwidth, etc. However, you need to know the different types of hosting available so that you will be able to choose the right one for your website.
Shared Hosting: This is the cheapest form of hosting because the hosting company places many people on a server. It is good for small business owners and websites that do not require greater control over the configuration of a server. Some features of shared hosting include DNS management, multiple sub-domains, MySQL, multiple email accounts, email forwarding, autoresponder, free domain with annual hosting plan, unlimited bandwidth and so on.
Virtual Private Server (VPS): VPS is another form of shared hosting but the number here is incomparable to shared hosting. While about a hundred customers may be using a server under shared hosting, VPS may accommodate only 10. This will give customers more access to the resources of the server and control over its configuration. If you want to have a higher level of access to the server in order to be able to install a special application, you should go for a VPS.
Dedicated Hosting: Under this type of hosting, you will be given a server to yourself. You can host as many websites as possible on the server and you can install anything you want on it so that you will be able to have access to the best performance available as well as most control. If you are going to intensely use the resources of the server like hosting large numbers of audio or video files, game server or streaming videos, dedicated hosting is the best bet for your domain.
About The Publisher
- Olushola George Otenaike is a webmaster, web developer, domain broker, writer as well as blogger and he has been doing all these since 1999. He is the CEO at Netlink Web Developers, publisher of SoFreeDomains and owns many blogs as well as websites. His areas of interest include science, philosophy and politics.
For advert placement, sponsored posts, web design or further information, contact email@example.com
Follow On Twitter
- ► 2016 (270)
- Types Of Web Hosting For Your Domain Name
- How To Avoid Trademark Infringement During Domain ...
- How To Get A Free .Com Domain Name
- How You Can Set Up A Custom Domain In Blogger
- How To Know If You Need A VPS or Dedicated Server ...
- How To Strike A Great Domain Deal
- How To Boost Your Domain Name Portfolio
- Why You Should Not Wait For Your Domain Name To Ex...
- How To Register A Domain Name Like A Pro
- Why You Must Get .Design Domain Name Extension
- How To Properly Host Your Domain Name
- Why You Should Own Your Name’s Domain Before Someo...
- How You Can Create An Email Account For Your Own D...
- Why You Must Know About .Sucks Domain Names
- How To Move Your Free Website To Your Own Domain
- How To Sell A Domain Name Like A Pro
- How You Can Buy A Domain Name Like A Pro
- The Effect Of New Generic Top-level Domains On Bus...
- How To Transfer Your Website To A New Generic Top-...
- How To Transfer Your Domain Name To Another Person...
- How To Move Your Domain Name To A New Registrar
- Free Domain Name Registration – The Web Hosting Co...
- How New Domain Name Extensions Can Boost Your Doma...
- Why You Need Multiple Domain Names For One Website...
- ▼ May (24)